Grilled Shrimp & Asparagus Skewers
Yields 4 servings
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2”-3” lengths
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2”-3” lengths
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Additional lime for serving, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Clif Family Organic Piccante Calabrese Hot Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
Using soaked skewers, skewer 4-6 marinated shrimp, asparagus and scallion pieces, alternating between each item on the skewer. Season each skewer evenly with salt. Grill each skewer for 3-minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and grill marks start to show.
Place on a serving platter and squeeze fresh lime juice over top and serve with additional lime wedges and Organic Piccante Calabrese Hot Sauce as desired.